Every year at the Sydney Conservatorium I get to take one of my favourite courses, Composition in Music Education.
The first task, after reviewing a number of creative music pedagogies, is to create a “mixed-bag” arrangement (one that will work for any combination of instruments at all) with aural learning elements. Actually, I talk about the process in this video from my MOOC:
This year there have been some great submissions, and some of the students have been generous enough to share theirs on their public blogs. Here are those:
- Su Cho – Somebody that I used to know by Gotye. Click here.
- Caitlin Sandiford – Façades by Philip Glass. Click here.
- Sam Xu – Time by Hans Zimmer. Click here.
- Dorothy Ji – Divenire by Ludovico Einaudi. Click here.
- Gillian Platt – Come on Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners. Click here.
- Fynn McMullen – Redbone by Childish Gambino. Click here.
- Mr Remington – Maneuver, original composition. Click here.
Hopefully I haven’t missed any of the students who shared – but I’m sure they’ll remind me if I have, and I can update this!